[Xastir] Fwd: Canadian Call Sign lookup on Xastir-Ubuntu 10.04 Live CD

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 03:17:18 EDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, James Cameron wrote:

> You should be able to reinstall certain system libraries ... like
> libc6-dbg.  May give you more symbolic detail, but on the other hand
> this stack traceback looks like it is program generated ... any chance
> of running xastir in gdb to get more detail?

Way back when it was difficult to run Xastir under GDB because of
the multi-threading and multi-process nature of Xastir.  I seem to
recall having to add a patch to GDB or to DDD or UPS debuggers at
the time in order to allow them to follow a fork or a thread.
Hopefully that situation is resolved by this point and the debugger
binaries have the necessary code in them already to deal with such
matters.  It's been a while since I had to debug at that level in C.