[Xastir] Announcing tile support for OSM

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 22:18:17 EDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, KA7O wrote:

> I'd be quite interested in your PHP script for downloading tiles.

I would too.  I probably won't use it directly but would like to see
how it does it's work.  Send it to my personal address on GMail?

I'll definitely respect the wishes of the people running the tile
servers.  In fact I'd have a tendency to run the Shapefile vectors
off-line instead of the tiles for both speed and for minimal disk
space.  I already have dbfawk files that work for them.  'Spose I
should check those into CVS huh?  Not as pretty as the tiles but
workable.