[Xastir] Missing maps directory

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:04:13 EDT 2010

I ran a script today that re-masters Ubuntu images and ran into a
problem where some of the directories in /usr/local/share/xastir are
not created.  The script worked a couple of weeks ago using source
from CVS at that time.  So then I tried a manual build of the current
CVS code in Kubuntu 10.04 with the same result.

Make install shows this at the end.  (I didn't notice anything unusual
in the make or configure steps)

  make  install-exec-hook
  make[3]: Entering directory `/home/lee/src/xastir-build'
  rm -rf /usr/local/share/xastir/doc
  cd /usr/local/share/xastir/maps && \
          rm -f CC_OpenStreetMap.png && \
          ln -s CC_OpenStreetMap_logo.png CC_OpenStreetMap.png
  /bin/bash: line 0: cd: /usr/local/share/xastir/maps: No such file or directory
  make[3]: *** [install-exec-hook] Error 1
  make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/src/xastir-build'
  make[2]: *** [install-exec-am] Error 2
  make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/src/xastir-build'
  make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lee/src/xastir-build'
  make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

There are only 3 directories in /usr/local/share/xastir.

  :/usr/local/share/xastir$ ls
  config  help  symbols

Xastir still starts, but can't find any maps due to no maps directory.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX