[Xastir] OSM tile handling improvements

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:40:37 EDT 2010

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> I haven't checked the libcurl status so I can't tell you which
> versions have the trouble and which do not.
>
> I don't see a way to use wget with the flexibility libcurl supplies,
> so I do not expect to be able to improve the performance when wget is
> used. Sorry about that.

I see security notices about libcurl and long URL's, and came across
this too:

     http://dev-notes.com/code.php?q=76

Which demonstrates a Perl script which uses short.to's API to
shorten long URLs to then feed libcurl.  'Spose we could go that
route if we had to and then even use buggy libcurl versions.