[Xastir] Problem after using & compiling. After using CVS

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 23:16:14 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 8:15 PM, ml41782 <ml41782 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lee,
>
> Thanks and That was my initial thought.
>
> Yes, I did have a pre page copy on the machine too. I removed it before the
> CVS install and compilation. The concern here isn't so much the location and
> the old file as it is the new didn't create the needed directories during
> the installation.
>
> I could have been a permissions issue on the compilation.

Hi Mike,

The error message didn't indicate to me that any needed directories
were missing.  It indicated that something was pointing to an old
directory that is no longer there (and shouldn't be there due to
deleting the binary version).  When you delete a binary package, it
doesn't delete the hidden directory inside your home directory
(.xastir).  I don't understand what "pre page copy" means, so I'm not
clear on exactly what you deleted.

Regards,
Lee  - K5DAT