[Xastir] locking the system by clicking on the map

ml41782 ml41782 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 12:32:56 EDT 2010

I still have the same problem from 1.9.2 but I think its the machine.
I was told to go to1.9.8 because it was fixed. If I click on the map and I'm locked there. I can't get out of it. no keyboard or mouse options work.

old version of xastir was removed and CVS version installed. The install and compiling  was all done per the instructions on
I followed the instruction here:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Notes:CVS

The download went smoothly.

cd xastir
  cvs update
  ./bootstrap.sh
  ./configure
  (make clean;make -j3 2>&1) | tee make.log
  sudo make install
  sudo chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir (only needed if using kernel AX.25)

no Problems seen to this point.

The new version was compiled without errors and program started using "sudo xastir".

I have to remote in from another box and shutdown the system or just hit the power button.

This is an IBM thinkcentre with dualcore 2.6ghz, 4 gigs ram / 80GbHD..

The OS is linux Mint 9

other apps running ax25 with 2 radios and digi_ned

Has anyone seen this or do I chalk this up to a michine problem ?!?!?

Mike