[Xastir] SmartBeacon setup/use (FIXED)

ka7o at ka7o.net ka7o at ka7o.net
Tue Jun 8 11:26:22 EDT 2010

> Greetings,
>
> My mobile setup is a GPS receiver, KPC3+ and Xastir running on a Fedora
> laptop. GPSD handles the GPS info to Xastir and Xastir talks to the TNC
> via serial. Nope, not KISS. GPS is putting out GMC and other strings
> strings once a second.
>
> Watching the data from GPSD uxing xgps, I can see good data pouring out
> at the expected 1 per second rate. Usig TangoGPS, I get EXCELLENT and
> accurate tracks.
>
> SmartBeacon is enabled and default settings kept. However, I'm only
> getting posit updates about once every 10 minutes or so. Not what I'm
> used to seeing with SmartBeacon.
>
> Where should I be looking to get relevant, SmartBeacon controlled posits
> going out?
>
> Thanks!
> KA7O-3

Found it!

File > Configure > timing > adjust the slider for "GPS check Interval".

I put it down to 3 seconds from the default 60 seconds and now that
SmartBeacon has enough relevant data to do it's thing, I'm getting the
expected results.

(And yes, it was actually 60 seconds, not 10 minutes. What I get for not
watching the maps while driving.)

Thanks!