[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 55, Issue 4

Thomas Sprinzing thomas at sprinzing.org
Tue Jun 8 14:28:55 EDT 2010

Am 08.06.2010 um 20:19 schrieb Dan Zubey:

> There probably would be licensing issues with using google maps. If
> not,
> wouldn't that be neat.
>
> However, I think the OSM people would be thrilled to have xastir use
> their service.
>
> +1 for OSM support in Xastir.

+1 from me as well.

It's not that far away, you can download their stuff and show it
already, but a proper dbfawk file is missing, though.
So it doesn't display really nice.

But it rocks when zooming in and out!

So count my +1 for getting a decent dbfawk that can be understood by
mere mortals...

OSM was shunned some time back, when people claimed it wouldn't be
correct and would show an offset to GPS.
I don#t see it - at least for my home town:

http://sautter.com/map/

73

Thomas

DL/VA3TSE