[Xastir] Google Maps restrictions

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:27:01 EDT 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Tom Hayward wrote:

> I have a university datacenter offer (well, I asked and the reply was
> that he's "not opposed"), but no hardware.

I don't think it's probably up to this sort of service, but I have a
rack-mount server sitting at home unused, a dual P3 866MHz with a
IDE raid card.  8 drives possible on raid, 1 drive direct to
motherboard.  I have four 200GB IDE drives for it and a boot drive
that's probably a 120GB.  I don't know how large the OSM dataset is.

My original intent for it was a house server, but it's awfully noisy
when it's powered up.  Lots of fans.  Old, slow, power hungry, and
noisy, plus IDE, not SATA or SAS drives.  The server was given to me
by KD7NM (SK) a while back.  The only money I have into it was for
the four 200GB IDE drives.  I'd like to hang onto those to keep the
rest of the systems in the house going when drives go out.