[Xastir] Open Street Map support (read this)

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Wed Jun 9 19:25:40 EDT 2010

OpenStreetMap working fine for me from Xastir CVS on Debian Testing
(Squeeze).

Method was to remove existing Debian package, checkout from CVS,
"apt-get build xastir" in order to get known dependencies, run
bootstrap.sh, run "CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/geotiff ./configure", then
make, create a local .deb package using "sudo checkinstall make
install", and edit ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf to change /usr/share to
/usr/local/share.

Nearby stations are in their correct positions on the map.

This is the first time I've seen a map in Xastir, thanks.

A pity that the UI hangs whenever a new centre or zoom level is
selected.  That doesn't happen on the web browser based solutions.
There is no progress bar during the hang.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/