[Xastir] Open Street Map support (read this)

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:53:56 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM, David <djmunn at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi All.....have just done an upgrade on my Xastir system and when i
> restarted the program up came the OSM maps.....looks real great for
> Australia.....the only thing i have found is that  the map of Townsville
> does not ha ve the street i live ing...we are in a rural residential area in
> the Northern Beaches of Townsville....however i can live with that

You don't have to live with that... go to www.openstreetmap.org, and
add your street to the map.

When I got into OSM, my locality of 80,000 people was only a few
roads... I added in all of the local roads over the course of about a
month.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada:Alberta:Strathcona_County

Your area (if I'm in the right area) has some pretty good satellite
imagery (except for a bit of cloud cover), but needs a bit of work on
some roads, and needs a few more added. It doesn't take much to add
the roads in yourself.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-19.2461009323597&lon=146.80734962225&zoom=17

Create a user account, and you can start editing right away in the
browser with the Potlatch online editor!

James
VE6SRV