[Xastir] Possible bug in Open Street Map support

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Thu Jun 10 13:14:44 EDT 2010

Thanks for the report. Yes, there is a problem with the transition
from linear scaling to
OSM levels when OSM maps are first selected and when they are
deselected. It causes
locations to be off (see the reports above related to being in the
ocean) and constrains
scaling to the OSM levels when they shouldn't be.

The other confusion is that the scale set through the GUI is for the Y
axis, but the OSM levels
are for the X axis (latitude). That shows up as a difference between
the scale value entered
and the actual scale value used and displayed, because I have to
rescale the Y-axis after
binning the X axis into the OSM levels.

I am working on this issue, and ask for your patience. Please consider
the OSM support as alpha at best!

Thanks to everyone for  the positive feedback and useful suggestions.

73,
...jerry
KA6HLD