[Xastir] WMR968

aa9vt aa9vt at mchsi.com
Fri Jun 11 14:10:47 EDT 2010

I tried XASTIR 1.9.8 on FEDORA Core 13 with weather coming from Oregeon
Scientific WMR968. Xastir runs, but I can't get weather data. I have
tried taking data direct over the serial port and from the daemon
WX200D. No data seen on the map or when I view own weather data. I can
use the client program, wx200 and see data. I used picocom and can see
data coming from the device over ttyS0. I tried accessing the data from
another machine (I have two WMR968 Consoles) no data. I do see data from
another machine using <ip>:9753 with wx200.

I had the same problem using Ubunto 10.04

Computer is a dual core AMD with 2GB ram. Xastir is a binary downloaded
using Add/Remove Software FC13. I also tried compiling when I had Ubuntu
installed.

Stumped at this end....John AA9VT