[Xastir] improper image header

megibso at comcast.net megibso at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 16:44:35 EDT 2010

I had been using xastir 1.9.6 for some time and it worked well with online tigermaps.  Now when I try to use online tigermaps I get the message improper image header and I don't get a map. I have upgraded to xastir 1.9.8 with the same problem. Am using OpenSUSE 11.2. I understand from an earlier post that it may be a problem with imagemagick. I tried graphicsmagick, installing imagemagick and graphicsmagick from sources as well as an earlier version of imagemagick from source. All produce the same result. I have compiled xastir with all options. Any help would be appreciated.