[Xastir] Washington DC Maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 10:28:04 EDT 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Mark Esswein wrote:

> I notice that there is an empty square over Andrews AFB.  The Open
> Street Map web maps all show it, but apparently the static map does not.
> Perhaps when tiling is enabled, this won't happen?

Your messages are not making it to the list.  Just to the two list
admins.

As I understand it we're using one server somewhere that has the OSM
maps installed and it's generating the images for us when we make
the map request.  If it is missing some tiles or they've otherwised
tweaked the server software to not produce a certain area, we won't
see that in our images on Xastir.  We see the same thing with the MS
Terraserver where it's missing a tile here and there.