[Xastir] I've broken my Xastir install :-(

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 15 03:18:17 EDT 2010

Sorry.....forgot to mention I'm using Kubuntu 8.04

Group,
	I don't use Xastir that much; only for mobile tracking. I had installed
version 1.9.6 a while ago and was using 1:25K raster maps I use for
OziExplorer (don't ask; loooong story ;-) ).
	Anyway, with all this talk about OSM I just had to give it a go so I grabbed
the latest from CVS as per the wiki.
	When I did the configure, I get:

xastir 1.9.9 has been configured to use the following
options and external libraries:

MINIMUM OPTIONS:
  ShapeLib (Vector maps) ................. : yes

RECOMMENDED OPTIONS:
  GraphicsMagick/ImageMagick (Raster maps) : no
  pcre (Shapefile customization) ......... : no
  dbfawk (Shapefile customization) ....... : no
  rtree indexing (Shapefile speedups) .... : yes
  map caching (Raster map speedups) ...... : yes
  internet map retrieval ................. : yes (wget)

FOR THE ADVENTUROUS:
  AX25 (Linux Kernel I/O Drivers) ........ : yes
  libproj (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : yes
  GeoTiff (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : no
  Festival (Text-to-speech) .............. : no
  GDAL/OGR (Obtuse map formats) .......... : yes
  GPSMan/gpsmanshp (GPS downloads) ....... : yes

	Note that ImageMagick has not been found. No matter, I wanted to look at OSM.
When I start Xastir, I see the following in the terminal:

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
       osm   URL (OpenStreetMaps via wget)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

	Problem is when I goto the Map Chooser, I don't see the OSM maps.
	Thought I'd go back to what I had so did a make clean and recompiled 1.9.6
and it still hasn't picked up ImageMagick so now my raster maps don't work.
	I had a look at ./configure --help and I can't see anything to turn on
ImageMagick; only to turn it off.
	In summary, how do I get ImageMagick back in and how do I get OSM working??
	Hoping someone can smack over the head and say "idiot.....you forgot to do
this".

Ian
VK1IAN