[Xastir] CVS and errors on Ubuntu

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:03:37 EDT 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Steve Rogers wrote:

> recently My father (KB5TMC) used the CVS how to Ubuntu to get the
> latest bleeding edge version and the OSM mapping. He has
> encountered an 'error in line 49' other times 'error in line 40'.
> The synaptic and update manager are unresponsive. His last attempt
> was from a fresh install on Ubuntu 9.10 on i386 version. Xastir is
> working great, but he has these errors!

That doesn't give enough to work on.  Don't know if what he was
running at the time (synaptic?  xastir script?), whether it had
additional info near those errors, etc.

So we don't know if those are Xastir errors, Ubuntu packaging errors
for Xastir or it's libraries, errors in the update programs/scripts,
etc.

Pass along more info and we can try again.