[Xastir] Sidux 2010-01 Installation Notes

Rainer D., DL5PD raidoh71 at web.de
Thu Jun 17 15:29:45 EDT 2010

Hello Lee,

thanks a lot for your description in the wiki. I just installed the new
Sidux Hypnos and first of all, I tried to install xastir 1.9.9 as you
discribed it in the wiki.

Unfortunately, the result stays the same:

These are the last messages from the console-output before the program
crashes:

Code #1129 <XADBMST001> data <MySQL (lat/long)> hotkey <>
Code #1130 <XADBMST002> data <Postgreql with Postgis> hotkey <>
Code #1131 <XADBMST003> data <MySQL (spatial)> hotkey <>
Code #1132 <XASCHEMA01> data <Xastir Simple Schema> hotkey <>
Code #1133 <XASCHEMA02> data <Xastir CAD Schema> hotkey <>
Code #1134 <XASCHEMA03> data <Xastir full Schema> hotkey <>
Code #1135 <XASCHEMA04> data <APRSWorld Schema> hotkey <>
LANG 1136
Indexing maps...
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
Finished indexing maps
*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 1972, errno = 32

As Curt proposed, I looked up if there is another process of xastir
running ... it isn't.

The only thing I can obviously see, it takes pretty long before the
program crashes (about 1,5 minutes I guess)...but I must say, that I run
the program on a Pentium 3 Computer with 256 MB RAM ... but the
precompiled version worked well.

Just another thought: I am not using KDE, but XFCE instead, perhaps it
is up to that fact, that I get this curious message and cannot run xastir.

73 and regards
Rainer DL5PD