[Xastir] Gpsd errors in xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:42:34 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, John"D" Thompson wrote:
>
>> Hi running Xastir  V1.9.9 compiled from svn 6/13/2010. GPSD V2.92-4
>> configured localhost 2947. I run mobile with laptop, and kiss tnc and USB
>> gps puck (bu353) I get errors when monitoring gps in "interface control"
>> and
>> looking at the data in the lower left corner xastir reports 0 sats and fix
>> invalid. I suspect it is a error asscociated with the new format gpsd is
>> using but not certain. possibly there is a workaround I have not found? I
>> have 3Dfix and good gps data running XGPS, also have used this hardware
>> combination with success with older versions of xastir/gpsd.
>
> gpsd has changed their API as of version 2.91.  We'll need to
> rewrite the Xastir end of things to use libgps instead of using a
> direct socket connection to the daemon as we have for many years.
>
> A workaround would be to use gpsd prior to version 2.91 until we get
> that done.

FOR THE ADVENTUROUS:
  AX25 (Linux Kernel I/O Drivers) ........ : yes
  libproj (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : yes
  GeoTiff (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : yes
  Festival (Text-to-speech) .............. : yes
  GDAL/OGR (Obtuse map formats) .......... : no
  GPSMan/gpsmanshp (GPS downloads) ....... : yes
  GPSD (Shared/Networked/USB GPS) ........ : no

Regarding the last line above, does this mean the libgps support is
already done?

Lee - K5DAT