[Xastir] Radar. Was: [MacAPRS] Re: Mac Binary Distribution for Xastir 1.9.9.

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 11:39:10 EDT 2010

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Jeffrey M. Swiger wrote:

> 	I'd be happy with anything right now, I thought some of the newer stuff was WX-maps the way there named.
> We had some Big Storms just Recently and could have used the information here.
> Same thing I started with when all the radar went down. Thought there was a newer one along with the maps..

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the news about Radar,
but just tried the three I have that point to Gerry's data and none
of those are working yet.  I know he had some hardware failure on
some of the servers a while back.

Here's the last I saw from Gerry, but I don't know about the
specific Level III mosaics he's talking about:

> Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:29:31 -0500
> From: Gerald Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>
> To: xastir at xastir.org
> Subject: [Xastir] Level III radar mosaics are back
>
> Still working to make the WMS work, should be this week. Lost a lot
> with recovering from some config and hardware FUBARs.
>
> gerry n5jxs

I did a quick search and found these which might be directly helpful
to you:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/xastir@lists.xastir.org/msg01948.html
   http://www.mail-archive.com/xastir@lists.xastir.org/msg01941.html
   http://www.mail-archive.com/xastir@lists.xastir.org/msg01946.html
   http://www.mail-archive.com/xastir@lists.xastir.org/msg01947.html

I seem to remember somebody making a bunch of .geo's available for
the RIDGE data at some point.  Probably a Google search including
the Xastir list archives would get you that info.  Yes, found it:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/xastir@lists.xastir.org/msg02768.html

I'm going to send this to the Xastir list also in case others are
looking for radar.  Perhaps there will be further responses to the
thread with more options.