[Xastir] Right Click Menu

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jun 21 22:34:28 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 08:12:26PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <brett.friermood at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> I asked this in another email, but it might have been overlooked.
>
> Is anyone having trouble with having to hold the right mouse
> button to keep the right click menu open?
>
> I know before I only had to right click and the menu would pop up,
> then I could click on the desired entry.
>
> Anyone know what's going on?

This was answered last week.  A change was required to work around broken
X servers (version 1.7.5 of xorg-server), and this change had the unfortunate
side effect that you observe.  Hopefully, version 1.7.5 of the X server will
not long stick around in any distro for very long, and the workaround can be
removed, but for the time being it is required lest some people have Xastir
grab their cursor and not let go.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."