[Xastir] Sidux 2010-01 Installation Notes

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 02:10:30 EDT 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, James Cameron wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:51:15PM -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>> Each one brings in a raster map.  If you choose 2 or more you're
>
> Indeed.  I suggest Xastir be changed so that no more than one raster map
> can be selected at a time.

That would seriously limit Xastir's power.

There are many times you have tiles of maps that all go together, or
you have rasters that you've made partially transparent and wish to
put those on top of other maps.  I can think of other use cases, but
I've actually used the two mentioned.

A bit of user education goes a long way.  Ask questions and play
around, perhaps generating more questions.  Questions never hurt
anybody.