[Xastir] Sidux 2010-01 Installation Notes

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:41:00 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
>>> I cannot find the specified file on my system anywhere. What is
>>> generating the error and could it be associated with my problem.
>
>> You could look at the map_1277295833.gif file above with "xv" or
>> something...   I suspect it's a text file with an error message in
>> it, caused by the URL getting chopped by libcurl.
>
> Sorry, should have read more carefully.  I just debugged this
> problem last week, so try the suggesting of switching to wget or
> upgrading libcurl and you should be good to go.

That would explain why I didn't see the problem given the HowTo for
Sidux 2010-01 does not install libcurl, and it is not installed in
either of my Sidux virtual machines.

Three options:

Remove libcurl - hopefully nothing else depends on it
Upgrade libcurl if there is an upgrade available
Rebuild Xastir using  ./configure --without-libcurl as Curt said

(The first one would require rebuilding Xastir after the change - not
sure about the 2nd one).

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT