[Xastir] New version 1.99 binary for Ubuntu 10.04

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:21:08 EDT 2010

http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/xastir-lucid-i386-2010-06-26.deb

Hello all,

I've posted a new binary for Xastir 1.99 with today's CVS updates.  In
Ubuntu, installing it is just a matter of double clicking the file in
the file manager (nautilus).  If you are running a source-code version
of Xastir, I recommend updating that via CVS rather than installing
this binary.

If, however, you are still using the 1.94 binary from the Ubuntu
repository, upgrading with the new 1.99 binary is a snap.  I ran a
little test tonight.  First I installed the 1.94 binary with Synaptic.
Then I added a shapefile for my county in the usr/share/xastir/maps
directory and selected it in the map chooser.  I also configured my
callsign, location, and added an internet server.  Then I installed
the new binary.  The older binary was replaced, and I found the count
shapefile intact and all of my other setting still good.  I then did a
'reindex all maps', deselected the shapefile, and selected the mapnick
geo for OSM.  Presto - the OSM map was there.

This has got to be the easiest way to upgrade for those using the
current (old) binary from the repository.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX