[Xastir] no zoom levels under 15 with osm maps

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Wed Jun 30 00:18:26 EDT 2010

> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:
>

>>  i've tried downloading cvs version (1.9.9) and using with osm maps,
>>  it works quite out of box, except zooming beyond level ~15 doesn't work.
>>
>>  i am using opencyclemap.
>
> Try some of the other OSM maps or try another area of the world.
> It's likely a limitation of the maps they have loaded on the server.
>
> I haven't had an issue like you're describing with the mapnik
> version for my area (Seattle, WA, USA).  Try there to see if it's a
> limitation of the server or some bug we need to fix in Xastir.

i've tried other maps, incl. mapnik, and problem persists.
it is certainly not limitation of maps, as other software display
such zoom levels just fine (up to 18).

also there is problem when zooming out , after zooming in to
'unsupported' zoom level - map is no longer 'nice' but seems
'pixelated' (like it was scaled up) - one has to de-select it and
select again in map chooser to make it appear fine again.

i see there were few scaling fixes by jerry, i will sync to cvs and
recompile soon and try again