[Xastir] I got it to work with ubuntu 10.04 but

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:48:45 EST 2010

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Denton K Larson wrote:

> Do you know how to get a perl script to run? get-fcc-rac.pl is what I am
> trying to run.

Generally the current directory, known as '.' (a period) is not in
your default path for security reasons.  So...  If you're sitting at
the directory where the Perl script resides, you can run it like
this:

     ./get-fcc-rac.pl

That tells it the path to the file, which is the current directory.
Of course the script must be marked as executable as well.  Look up
the "chmod" command to figure out how to set the executable flags.
"chmod ugo+x" or "chmod 755" out'a do it.  "ls -l" will show you the
flags.

For this particular script you need to be root to run it, so
something like this on Ubuntu/Kubuntu:

     sudo ./get-fcc-rac.pl

or this on any other Unix/Linux system:

     su