[Xastir] How to prevent Xastir from sending bad WX data

Clay Jackson clayj at nwlink.com
Tue Mar 9 22:26:03 EST 2010

Well, I just now saw this thread - but, if you read Xastir-DEV, I did just that a week or so ago (invalidated the  weather if the port goes red).   For my next trick, I've started a fairly major rewrite/consolidation of WX.C (there are at least two places I found that parse/set up APRS WX packets) - that's gonna take some time; but it's coming along.   I'm definitely going to put some messages (along with sanity checks) in for things like missing fields; as well as an "aging" function that will allow the user to select a limit on how old a weather report they want to still transmit.

I'm also going to add "Weather File" functionality, so that Xastir can directly read/parse a "wxnow" file from Weather Display; and possibly also a Weather XML file from meteo (which would eliminate the need for DB2APRS, AND allow any XML file to be fed to Xastir.

Clay
N7QNM
========