[Xastir] Gating Wx alerts to RF

Dean Groe warpedspeed1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 17:58:27 EST 2010

I know that this has been discussed before, but I seem to be missing something.

My goal is to gate severe weather alerts to RF.  I have had a nws-stations.txt file setup for a few weeks now in the ~/.xastir/data directory. I have restarted Xastir a couple of times since then, if that makes a difference.
I have the AWIPS files installed if that matters.

I have Disable all IGate Traffic enabled in the IGate Options of the AX.25 TNC Interface.  I am not interesting in functioning as a general purpose IGate.  I am only interesting in gating Wx alerts to RF.  We have plenty of IGates here in the Orlando area already.

We had a few Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado Warnings today from the local NWS office (MLB).  I did not gate any of them to RF.
I looked in the Weather Alerts window and I see the warnings there.  I had the red alert "boxes" on the screen, until just a few minutes ago, when the warnings expired.
Here is the text from one of the warnings listed in the Weather Alerts window;

MLBTOR BLQAA NWS_WARN 11 @2126z ==>  11 @2215z YI FL_C061 TORNADO

Here is what my nws-stations.txt looks like;

#Melbourne, FL, USA
MLB
#
KMLB
#

I put the KMLB in there because I had noticed that some of the Previous Wx alerts that I found on the web seemed to *maybe* come from KMLB instead of MLB.  I was not sure and I figured that it would not hurt.

So, is the problem that I have Disable all IGate Traffic enabled ?

Will I have to become a "full service" IGate to gate weather alerts to RF?

Thanks

Dean  KD4TWJ