[Xastir] Disable Speech on Objects?

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 21 09:04:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

  Been running latest version on Slack 13 with the festival server.
Couldn't compile festival originally but found the executable and it works great.
  My question is I have a couple of objects stored and I can disable
the transmit of these things under the interface menu nicely.
I do like to use the proximity alert to track R/C models and amateur rockets.  Is there any way to selectively shut off the proximity reporting
on the objects?  Shutting off the transmission of those items is good as I can leave them on my map and not worry about them clogging the airways when it is of no importance to other folks.  But, the speech server will still give a distance to the objects on a fairly regular basis.
  I'd like to be able to shut that off and still be able to have the voice
report proximity to other interesting sites/moving stations.
  Another reason is that these are fixed sites that I know where they're at. Having the "little man" tell me that it's 26 miles away, over and over,
serves no effective purpose. :-)   Best regards, Kurt KC9LDH