[Xastir] Getting message in terminal window - what does it mean?

Norman Heyen n.heyen at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 16:27:56 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm planning on setting up a fill-in digi and iGate at home. I've got Xastir
running under Ubuntu 9.05 and seems to be OK. But when I look in the
terminal window, it is filled with basically this message:

Couldn't download the file perhaps a timeout?

Try increasing "Internet Map Timeout"

Seems to be every 20-30 minutes, there isn't a timestamp but there are many
messages over the course of a while.

I've gone into File > Configuration > Timings and slide the Internet Map
Timeout as far to the right as it goes, says 300 sec. But to no avail, same
messages.

What should I be looking for? I think I would like to get weather alerts and
warnings and that might be the problem, but lately the weather has been good
so there may not have been anything released for my area in the past week or
more.

Any thoughts about where I should be looking? Or what I can try to fix it?
Any way to see if I'm getting weather alerts and bulletins before bad
weather really comes to town?

Right now I don't have the RF setup, I have to wait for a couple parts to
arrive. And for the weather to warm up enough to encourage me to climb on
the roof and setup an antenna. So just the station on the Internet at the
moment.

Thanks in advance,

Norman

KC9NVN