[Xastir] 2008 Tiger DBFAWK Signature File

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat May 8 23:07:46 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 11:32:12AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <alan at columbia.edu> flavor, containing:
> Aren't these available as part of the Xastir distro in /usr/lib/xastir somewhere?

Yes.  There are several DBFAWK files for the more useful 2008 Tiger shapefiles
in the config directory (pointlm.dbfawk, arealm.dbfawk, areawater.dbfawk,
edge.dbfawk), several for the much less useful files (cousub, cousub00,
featnames and tabblock --- featnames isn't even one of the map files, so it is
of no real value).  Many folks have downloaded the entire set including some
files we don't have DBFAWKs for, but the most useful ones are indeed present.

> On May 7, 2010, at 7:46 PM, J Hunter <jhunter at sardognetwork.org> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have a sample DBFAWK signature file they could share with me. I have downloaded the 2008 Tiger maps for local use and wold like to get them cleaned up a bit.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jess

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life