[Xastir] X segfaults when starting Xastir (Ubuntu 10.04)

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Mon May 17 11:19:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Jeremy Utley <jerutley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I trimmed the above a little, but you won't replicate it in a VM.
> This particular segfault was triggered in the nouveau video card
> driver - nouveau is the reverse-engineered open-source Nvidia driver.

Thanks Jeremy, that's the information I needed!

> Does Ubuntu give you the ability to use the Nvidia driver instead?
> You might try that and see what happens.

I'm not sure, but I'll check on the Nvidia driver. The machine is an
old P4, and I had thrown a spare video card in it. Perhaps if I can't
change drivers the quick solution would be to stick a different video
card in there. I think I have some others.

Thanks again.

Kevin