[Xastir] SmartBeacon setup/use

KA7O ka7o at ka7o.net
Mon May 24 02:52:45 EDT 2010

Greetings,

My mobile setup is a GPS receiver, KPC3+ and Xastir running on a Fedora
laptop. GPSD handles the GPS info to Xastir and Xastir talks to the TNC
via serial. Nope, not KISS. GPS is putting out GMC and other strings
strings once a second.

Watching the data from GPSD uxing xgps, I can see good data pouring out
at the expected 1 per second rate. Usig TangoGPS, I get EXCELLENT and
accurate tracks.

SmartBeacon is enabled and default settings kept. However, I'm only
getting posit updates about once every 10 minutes or so. Not what I'm
used to seeing with SmartBeacon.

Where should I be looking to get relevant, SmartBeacon controlled posits
going out?

Thanks!
KA7O-3