[Xastir] Datum shifting

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Mon May 24 18:35:29 EDT 2010

Curt,
	You heard about the Coordinate.pm perl module?? I use it to convert between
AGD66 used by some of my topo maps to the WGS84 used by Xastir.
	Doco is non-existent but with the assistance of a mate who is a perl guru, I
managed to wrap an ugly perl script around it to batch convert a lot of my
files.
	Mind you, the process was painful as the original map format is not supported
by Imagemagick (ECW and SID) so had to use Oziexplorer to export and GIMP to
trim and rotate.
	I could then put the corner co-ordinates through my script to generate the
Xastir .geo file.

Ian
VK1IAN