[Xastir] Maps not displaying in Xastir....

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue May 25 14:23:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 08:18:13PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <la5ppa at nrrl.no> flavor, containing:
> Try install Imagemagick
> (I had to install it before installing Xastir on my Ubuntu 9.04 with
> Xastir 1.94)

Update to Xastir 1.9.8 or later.  There was a bug in 1.9.6 and earlier that
caused it to do this when linked to GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick libraries
that had been built with QuantumDepth=8 (the default for GraphicsMagick in
recent releases).

Other bugs have been fixed since 1.9.6 as well.  The Xastir in Ubuntu
repositories is ancient.  You're better off with CVS.

> Den 25.05.2010 19:52, skrev Dave:
> > Hi There,
> > I'm running Xastir 1.96 on Ubuntu 9.10 and I'm having problems
> > displaying the maps I have. Each time I try to load one up, it just
> > shows up as a black square, I even had the same problem in the earlier
> > versions of Xastir. Can anyone help?
> >
> > Cheers...
> >
> > M0DCM Dave

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life