[Xastir] x_spider server

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed May 26 00:57:21 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:51:20PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <godfreja at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> >
> > Is this the exact string you're sending? ?If so, it's not the right format.
> >
> > It should be this:
> >
> > N0RPM>xxxxxx;Pickup ? *260424z4511.60N/09252.88WA
> >
> > where xxxxxx is a string representing the software you're using to generate
> > the object. ?Try something like APZRPM (APZ is the prefix for experimental
> > programs). ?Avoid existing TOCALLS (see http://www.aprs.org/tocalls.txt).
> >
> > Without the "N0RPM>" and the following TOCALL, Xastir isn't parsing the
> > thing as an AX.25 frame --- that's why it simply exits with no further
> > output after the "start parsing" line.
>
> That did it! (Except I had to add a ":" after the TOCALL). I had
> assumed that portion was added by xastir. Thanks for your help.

Argh.  Yeah, sorry about leaving out the colon.  That's in my own program, but
I got hasty in typing the "corrected" line.  Sigh.

The stuff coming in from the UDP port is treated just as if it had come
from a TNC --- it's gotta be in the same TNC2 format as any other packet,
including the From and To calls.

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life