[Xastir] Offline Maps

CaryB cary at n4cdb.com
Thu May 27 07:57:28 EDT 2010

On 05/27/2010 12:08 AM, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:
> Just for my own use... what don't you like about them.  My problem is
> the speed.
>
> Dick R. - KC8OBZ

I don't have the netbook up at the moment to grab a screenshot but what
I see is a black map with a few lines on it. When I'm connected to the
Tiger maps online they're awesome. Whatever I downloaded, though,
doesn't look usable at all. I have a D-Star training session tonight but
I'll try to grab some shots of what I'm seeing. Perhaps it's a problem
with my implementation and not the maps themselves. That's entirely
possible.

As for your speed issue maybe Peter's tip might help you.

--
73
Cary Beuershausen/N4CDB