[Xastir] printing maps to 1:24k scale

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Fri May 28 12:22:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's always VMWare and VirtualBox as well, if you have enough
> hard drive space/memory/CPU for an additional OS running.  I've had
> good luck with them.

Yes, I've run Xastir on an Ubuntu VM inside of Windows using
VirtualBox, and I've run a Windows XP VM inside Ubuntu before as well.
I still prefer a physical laptop for SAR though.

Snapshots are awesome in VMs, but I hear rumors of snapshots coming to
certain linux file systems on physical boxes soon.

Kevin

PS - speaking of laptops and SAR, I just picked up a used Toughbook
CF-29 cheap on ebay and got Xastir running on it. Talk about a great
combination of hardware and software for SAR!