[Xastir] Xastir-1.9.6

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat May 29 23:57:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/09, Murry <murraybr at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
>> Well I'm back.
>> Got the previous problem sorted out and Xastir installed.
>> Started the program and entered my station information, but when I went
>> to setup an internet server and entered all information and clicked on
>> OK, the program shutdown. Also when I go to select map bookmarks, it
>> shuts down. So I ran it in a terminal and it says Segmentation fault.
>> Again, if I knew what that meant I wouldn't be asking questions. HI
>>
>> Murry   VE9MB
>
> Now that you have Xastir installed, it appears you are seeing the same
> problems I am.  I don't know what to make of it.  Fortunately for me,
> the PCLinuxOS virtual machine is just something I put together in
> order to write a HowTo as opposed to something I actually use.
>
> Lee - K5DAT

Replying to an old thread here just to mention that unlike last August
through Oct with the CVS builds in that time frame and PCLinuxOS 2009,
I've had no problems with the current Xastir v1.99 from CVS and
PCLinuxOS 2010. The only minor issue I encountered was that due to
shapelib not being in the repositories, I installed it from source
becasue it was a dependency of gpsmanshp.  However the RPM for
gpsmanshp still squawked and said shapelib was not installed.  I
didn't want to spend any more time on it, so I ended up not bothering
with gpsmanshp and fell back to using the Shapelib that Xastir has
built in.  The result is a relatively easy procedure for installing
Xastir from source on PCLinuxOS 2010.  And by the way, the binary for
proj in the PCLOS repo is built correctly unlike what we have seen in
Debian/Ubuntu recently.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX