[Xastir] Festival proximity question.

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:04:10 EDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Kurt Savegnago <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On boost under G, I sometimes don't get a lock until apogee and descent.

I've only flown 1 tracker (4" patriot, J295 motor, 5000' altitude,
Garmin GPS18) and everything worked just fine as far as I can tell.

> With a high refresh rate, the voice server gets behind.
> Would be nice if it could be modified to just give a bearing and
> distance to KC9LDH-X and not keep repeating the home callsign over and over or even the target callsign over and over.

This may be a place where a script that connects to the server port
and generates festival commands would probably be more appropriate
than an xastir change.

I have done something similar on mac OS X - my script announces
balloon burst and the maximum altitude heard when the altitude starts
going down.

-Jason
kg4wsv