[Xastir] assign tactical call to object (Rino)

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Mon Nov 8 21:49:42 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes at ai4px.com> wrote:
> I think all rino object names have to start with APRS or SCSG.  If I recall
> correctly, the APRS or SCSG is stripped and the remaining chars in the rino
> name are transmitted as 3rd party objects.

Right, the Rino callsigns start with APRS. I'm wanting to use the
"assign tactical call" feature to change the display name on the local
map, not the transmitted object name. For example, a Rino callsign
might be APRSSAR123. Xastir transmits SAR123 as the object name, which
is fine, but I want it to show the object locally on my screen as
TEAM2.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first email.

Kevin
KB9MQU