[Xastir] assign tactical call to object (Rino)

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Tue Nov 9 01:59:17 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes at ai4px.com> wrote:
> Ya got me there... one last stab at this... why not change the callsign on
> the rino unit?

Because it's not my Rino =). Most of the Rino owners have their
personal SAR callsigns programmed in and don't want to bother with
changing settings based on what crew they get assigned to. But if I'm
running the Xastir computer I would rather see the tactical call which
makes more sense to me in the ICP.

I found something interesting: I manually edited
~/.xastir/config/tactical_calls.log and restarted Xastir (not sure if
the restart was really needed). Now the object gets the tactical call
on my display. So it appears that Xastir can read and display tactical
calls for objects, it just can't assign them via the GUI. I'm not sure
if this would be considered a bug, or perhaps there's a reason that
objects shouldn't have tactical calls assigned?

Kevin
KB9MQU