[Xastir] #tags in Xastir?

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:37:08 EST 2010

I don't really know where to start this one - it maybe that it would be an
addition to APRS itself, but I've no idea how to contact WB4APR.
I use Twitter  (sad, but keeps me in contact with a few folks I know) maybe
some ideas from Twitter could be passed over into APRS.

I had this site passed onto me and maybe something like could be implemented
in Xastir without APRS changes?  This site
http://uksnow.benmarsh.co.uk/  <http://uksnow.benmarsh.co.uk/>is a snow
reporting and rating site. People in the UK put a certain content into a
'twitter'

#uksnow  <-- the so-called hashtag
a first part of their postcode (zip code)
a measurment based on how they percieve the snow fall 1/10 to 10/10
depth in inches or cm

That site collects messages and compiles a live site. Could Xastir be used
in a similar way?

Must be lots of other applications for things like this if Xastir could map
and display based on APRS data - perhaps most is already done like this
anyway within the specs of APRS but as an extension it seems a useful idea?
Wish I were a programmer to be able to hack it into xastir, but I am not so
though it best to get my idea out.

73s Dave H
G0CER - KJ4QAO (now with added 'Extra' class)
(also G6VSG)
http://www.eQSL.cc/Member.cfm?G0CER
http://g0cer.blogspot.com