[Xastir] db_gis_mysql.sql file

Dan Zubey dzubey at openincident.com
Sat Oct 2 01:58:25 EDT 2010

Hi.

I've been running 1.9.9 with working mysql spatial support for about a
month now. The db_gis_mysql.sql file in the scripts directory didn't
work, but I fixed it, and was wondering if I could submit it somehow to
make the next release.

The problems with the file were severalfold, evidentially MySQL doesn't
like a field value of datetime with the default now(). I spent some time
on google reading about the issue, and there's been a lot of people
yelling at the mysql guys about it, but not much change. Anyways, I
removed the 'not null default now();' and it works.

Another thing was that I added a not null default ''; to origin. I
honestly don't remember why, but that made it work also.

A quick look at the db in phpmyadmin just now shows 20k stations in it.

Rather than send the file to the whole list, let me know who I can send
it to and I'll do that.

Thanks,

-Dan N7NMD