[Xastir] Mac OSX errors

Nikita Bogdanov nikita_bogdanov at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 12:49:41 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I am somewhat new to APRS, and I am trying to setup and I-Gate using my MacBook
Pro. I have followed the directions on this page in order to install Xastir and
all dependencies: http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Macports. I installed OpenMotif,
and all but the db45 library, which gave me this error:

Nikita-Bogdanovs-MacBook-Pro:~ nikitabogdanov$ sudo port install db45
Password:
Error: Port db45 not found
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
Nikita-Bogdanovs-MacBook-Pro:~ nikitabogdanov$

I installed Xastir successfully (at least I saw no blatant error messages), but
when I run it from the terminal window, this is what happens :

Nikita-Bogdanovs-MacBook-Pro:~ nikitabogdanov$ xastir
Found pid file: /Users/nikitabogdanov/.xastir/xastir.pid
Other Xastir process, pid: 7362 does not appear be running.

Built-in map types:
      gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
       pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
       map   APRSdos Maps
       map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
       pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
       geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many formats
allowed)
       geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
       geo   URL (OpenStreetMaps via libcurl library
                  Copyright OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA)
       shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
       tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
       tab   MapInfo TAB
       mid   MapInfo MID
       mif   MapInfo MIF
       ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
       rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
       s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
       dgn   MicroStation DGN

XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
/Users/nikitabogdanov/Downloads/Xastir.app/Contents/Resources/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

Nikita-Bogdanovs-MacBook-Pro:~ nikitabogdanov$

I do not know what is causing this or if I am running Xastir correctly, can
anyone provide some help please?

Thanks in advance,
KF5EFR