[Xastir] connect to a different APRS-IS server when one is down

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 12:24:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Kai Gunter Brandt wrote:

> Is this possible?
>
> I would like that one Interface fall back to another if the server
> doesn't respond.
> As i'm using xastir on a non ham server i cannot use the regular
> "rotate".aprs servers.

It is certainly possible, but Xastir does not have that particular
capability.

At the moment we can't add enhancements to the codebase either, but
we'll be able to after we push the out stable release in a week or
two.

Whether to add this particular capability is mostly up to the users:
Things that get requested a lot typically get added.

> Connecting to two servers at the same time is probably not a good idea...

Correct.