[Xastir] Object limit

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:34:15 EDT 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Guy Story KC5GOI wrote:

> I seem to recall but can not find where that there is a limit to how many
> objects a station can have.  Seems like it is 60ish.  I have an event that I
> need to display 72 objects on my map.  I am not retransmitting them over
> RF.  Is there a way to get that many on the screen?  The object list only
> shows 63.

I don't believe we have any limit on the number of objects or items
you can transmit or receive.

We store received objects in the same in-memory database that all
the stations go into, and there's no limit there.

Objects in the transmit queue are on a linked-list as I recall, and
there's no limit there.

The only possible limit I can think of might be the View->Own
Objects/Items dialog.  It might be worth a run through that bit of
code to see if there's a hard limit there:

     Station_List, line 1165 in list_gui.c