[Xastir] Fetch GPS Track question (Garmin Astro)

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Tue Oct 12 10:42:40 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes at ai4px.com> wrote:
> I'm going to assume that you could hook up the astro GPS unit to the PC
> running xastir and if you can d/l the waypoints via GPSMAN, ths script
> should work.

Thanks Wes. I'm fairly certain the Astro GPS stores the received
position reports as *tracks*, not waypoints. When I did a test
download in Google Earth one day I got 4 separate track logs:

1 called ACTIVE LOG, which was the GPS receiver
3 tracks named based on the programmed names of the Astro transmitters

I don't recall any waypoints being downloaded, but I could be mistaken.

Kevin
KB9MQU