[Xastir] Xastir v2.0.0 has been released

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Oct 26 01:08:13 EDT 2010

On Oct 25, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Xastir v2.0.0 is available on SourceForge at:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xastir
>
> or via CVS.
>
> This release includes several bug-fixes done in the last few months
> plus the really big thing:  Open Street Map support!  Enjoy!

I fixed my compile yoke and made a new Mac binary version from today's CVS.  It is available from:

http://www.nh6z.net/sites/default/files/Xastir.zip

THESE ARE THE CAVEATS TO THIS INSTALL.  IF YOU SCREW UP YOUR INSTALL BY NOT READING THESE, I'LL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE (not that I'm responsible anyhow):

1)  THE MAPS ARE IN THE APPLICATION BUNDLE SO BACK THEM UP.  If you forget to do so, and drop the new binary on the old one, you'll blow away all your maps and have to reacquire and reinstall them.

2)  AS ALWAYS, ONLY EXECUTE THIS FROM THE /Applications DIRECTORY.  Otherwise it has the potential of screwing up your .xastir directory.  You don't want that.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com