[Xastir] Xastir V2.0.1 Works!

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:00:47 EDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Denton K Larson wrote:

> When I am going to see what a by Right Clicking on a call sign, a box will
> come up named
> Modifiers Found
> Please turn OFF CapsLock/NumLock/ScrolLock/other modifiers
>                                Close
>
> It does not do anything, just one more thing I have to do. It did the same in
> V1.9.9

CapsLock/NumLock/ScrollLock are modifier keys, changing the keycodes
we get back for various X11 operations.  Keep all of them off and
Xastir knows how to process special keys for the GUI.  Turn any of
them on and Xastir will get different keycodes returned for which it
has no handlers.

As I recall these keycodes change based on the OS, so
Solaris/BSD/Linux/HP-UX/OSX return different keycodes when the
modifiers are in effect.  It's easier to remind the user to turn off
the modifier keys so that things work right than to try to code for
each OS we might run on, particularly when we don't have access to
each of these OS'es.  Caveat:  It's been a while since I looked at
that problem so my memory is a bit fuzzy.